ETRMA is hiring a Public Affairs Officer
The European Tyre and Rubber Manufacturers’ Association (ETRMA) is the voice of the tyre and rubber good producers in Europe. We represent both tyre companies and the general rubber goods industry via National Associations. ETRMA engages with policy-makers to promote the views of the industry, provides technical expertise, and seeks to build an enabling supportive legislative and regulatory environment.
Based in Brussels, the Secretariat is responsible for the planning, prioritization and execution of ETRMA’s work including: managing internal Groups to review EU and national legislative developments and building with Members advocacy positions; providing timely technical expertise to policy-makers; interacting with counterparts within the automotive industry and other external stakeholders with relevance to the tyre and rubber sector.
ETRMA is seeking a Public Affairs Officer to assist the deployment of the Association’s Advocacy activities.
- Work closely with colleagues to execute the Association’s advocacy activities.
- Support the relevant working groups, including drafting stakeholder’s mapping, minutes and reports of meetings.
- Support the process of creating position papers, policy recommendations and other advocacy deliverables.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders, particularly in the European Parliament, to monitor and acquire political intelligence on relevant files.
- Monitoring and following the European Parliament Committees’ activities of interest for theTyres & General Rubber Goods Industry.
- 1 to 3 years of professional experience in European affairs and a masters level degree of education;
- Good knowledge of EU institutional procedures;
- Fluent written and spoken English skills – additional language skills are an advantage;
- Ability to analyse and present complex content adjusted to the audience;
- General interest in the technology and sustainability trends in the automotive world;
- Is an accurate, well-organised, and reliable team player and has the ability to build influential relationships and work in a small team;
- Previous experience in the EU institutions or in an industry’s association is a strong asset.
- Sense of responsibility and urgency.
- Based in Brussels.
The role reports to the Director, Public Affairs.
What We Offer
- A dynamic, fast-paced work environment in a professional Association with a multinational and motivated team, supported by a highly engaged Membership.
- Competitive remuneration package and flexible working arrangements with opportunities to grow and develop.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by 25 August 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.